About Microsoft 365 Core
Microsoft 365 is the world's leading productivity service, entrusted by hundreds of millions of users and customers worldwide, and Microsoft 365 Core is at the center of it. We are building foundational services in email, people, search, intelligence, and analytics services, as well as Microsoft's 365's infrastructure. We deliver these capabilities to Microsoft 365 end-users and customers directly through our own experiences and through our partner teams. We serve consumers and businesses. We also share our capabilities with third-party partners, who extend and make even richer the value we deliver to our users and customers.
Building and running services for all of Microsoft 365 is challenging, but it is fun, rewarding and offers countless ways to positively impact of the lives of many millions of people. It is also a huge responsibility -- the trust our users and customers place in us is bedrock.
* Programming experience in C#, Java, or C++
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
* Involvement in designing, implementing and shipping complex enterprise software products/services
* Familiarity with highly scalable distributed micro services handling thousands of requests per second
* Strong hands-on ability to write secure, reliable & maintainable code and to test & debug it
* Involvement in building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
* Excellent communication skills, including ability to write concise technical docs and present ideas
* A passion for software design with a talent for independently solving complex technical problems
* Passion for improving software quality, performance and reliability and engineering excellence
* Knowledge of modern engineering practices like automated deployments with integrated quality gates and experience working with modern version control systems like Git
* Experience with multithreading and asynchronous processing
* Deep knowledge and experience with object oriented design
* Experience with pair programming
* Experience with databases (SQL or noSQL) a plus
* Web Application development experience a plus
* Hands on experience with configuration and/or controlled experimentation a plus
* Experience with multimedia and networking is a plus
* Experience with multi-platform support is a plus (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux)
* Experience with data analysis and machine learning is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Join a team responsible for highly scalable distributed cloud services in a dev-ops environment, or a team responsible for end to end real-time media across all kinds of devices.
* Customer-focused with a commitment to high quality end to end services through livesite and quality-first culture
* As part of a unified engineering team, implement both the features and appropriate tests during development
* Collaborate inside and outside the team, and across remote development locations
* Mentor and develop others by sharing and learning.
* Participate in code reviews, providing and receiving constructive feedback to improve overall code quality
* Proactively manage risks and security, and suggests improvements to existing risk-management processes.
* Have fun and learn new things
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.