Software Engineer II (Temporary)
Robert Half is seeking a Software Engineer II who will analyze, design, program, debug, test, implement and modify software enhancements and/or new applications used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS or desktop applications products. Completes SDLC documentation, and procedures for all phases of software development lifecycle. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Supports launched applications in the production environment.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Develop and/or modify individual modules or components of moderate scope and complexity in a larger system architecture.
* Development often spans multiple modules in scope.
* Analyze and resolve moderately complex production issues following department guidelines and troubleshooting practices.
* Level II support.
* Design individual modules or components of moderate scope and complexity in larger system designs. Has moderate scope in design activities.
* Perform unit test planning and execution for own code.
* Contribute to test strategy for integration testing. May create automated unit tests.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
* 2+ years' of professional experience in software analysis, development, engineering and support in a large corporate setting.
* 2+ years' experience writing/modifying programs for a small to mid-size application.
* 2+ years' experience administering and/or configuring an application .
* 2+ years' relevant experience in Microsoft container, Open Source container, Java platforms, PeopleSoft.
* Experience with various full cycle software development methodologies, tools and practices.
* Good knowledge on software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Good knowledge of n-tiered architecture.
* Good understand of DB concepts.
* Basic understanding of XML interfaces and web services .
* Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise.
* Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
* Ability to communicate business process to technical resources.
* Ability to create complex process flow diagrams or flowcharts that demonstrate business or system process flow.
* Ability to gather requirements effectively; document requirements and confirm observations with business owners.
* Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements.
* Ability to create detailed and thorough test plans for medium-sized initiatives.
* Ability to prioritize job responsibilities.
* Demonstrated customer service abilities and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of business systems software.
* Ability to write complex queries and reports.
* Ability to work to a project plan, meeting established deliverables and timelines.
* Ability to execute based upon directions from senior team member.
* Ability to provide guidance to lower level personnel.
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.