At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer for Uber's Secret Storage team in Seattle. This engineer will work on Uber's secret storage service(s) and infrastructure to support the goal of securely storing and distributing secrets (such as AWS keys, passwords, tokens, etc) across Uber's engineering ecosystem.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Build, maintain, and manage Uber's secret storage systems and integration points as a key member of the Internal Security organization.
* Work across Uber's engineering ecosystem to drive adoption of secret storage solutions and best practices.
Who You Are
You immerse yourself in software engineering and security. You are a subject matter expert, passionate about software engineering, who brings organization to everything they do and is excited about solving crazy hard problems and making an impact with the work you do.
What You'll Need
* Strong Programming skills (Python, Go, Java, Node)
* A solid understanding of software and system architecture patterns (central and distributed systems)
* Ability to write high quality code: reliable, efficient, easy to debug and maintain
* A solid understanding of information security standards & methodologies
* Ability to distill complex security problems and drive toward creative solutions
* Knowledge of secret storage and key management systems
* Ability to provide deep technical mentorship and guidance
* Ability to communicate ideas and proposals concisely, both verbally and written, to senior staff members
* Source Control Expertise across Organizations (Git)
* Container experience (Docker)
* Container orchestration experience (Mesos, Kubernetes)
* Configuration Management (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
* CI/CD Pipeline experience (Jenkins)
* Experience with nosql databases (Cassandra)
* Logging and Big Data - familiarity with Hadoop, Elastic, Kibana
* Strong organizational and relationship skills
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.