About the Team
In the Cox Automotive Data Engineering Services group, we foster a strong grassroots culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. We are a tight-knit group with a make it work, make it fast, make it pretty mission. Each member of our team is expected to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company.
About the Position
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with experts in infrastructure, design, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Cox Automotive. As a team member, you will be a Full-Stack Engineer contributing at every level of our application stack. Your team will be relatively small consisting of test, data and software engineers and a product owner who are intensely collaborating in meaningful way.
* As a Software Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
* Contribute to and maintain the integrity of solutions. (14%)
* Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain (1%)
* Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems. (25%)
* Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value. (5%)
* Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real world problems. (50%)
* Provide mentorship to the team. (5%)
* Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion. (constant)
* Git or general version control experience
* Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements
* Design and implementation of REST APIs, services, system tasks and cloud solutions
* Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
* Basic system administration
* Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail
* Group work focus and mentality
* Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques
* Degree in CS/SE or comparable work
* Big-data implementation experience using Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, ElasticSearch, NoSQL or related tools/technologies
* Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
* Experience with information retrieval systems, hard state-space optimization solutions
* Automotive industry experience
* Strong system administration skills
* Public speaking skills
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company's 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.