The "data wave" is well underway in our industry. We recently built a data science & engineering team in the Windows group to use insights from data to help create the best experiences on our devices, software, and services. Our data team is responsible for reporting on all forms of Windows sign-in including Windows Hello PIN/Face/Fingerprint logon and single-sign-on (SSO) to cloud resources all on the journey to building a world without passwords. The team includes both data scientists and engineers who perform data analysis and use machine learning to gain insights to help shape product direction and health.
* Bachelor's or higher degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of software engineering experience
* Experience with SCOPE/COSMOS scripting or other big data technologies
* 1+ years C/C++/Systems experience
* 1+ years SQL/Kusto experience
* 1+ years PowerBI and data visualization experience
* Solid SQL and Data Analysis skills
* Strong coding skills in C/C++
* Strong problem solving, testing and debugging skills
* Good communication and cross-group collaboration skills
* Ability to work both independently and collectively in a fun team environment
* High capacity to learn and adapt to new technologies and engineering processes quickly
* Prior experience with Identity, Authentication Protocols, Biometrics, Credential lifecycle management, PKI and Crypto
* Product engineering experience working on OS development
* Business Analyst or Machine Learning related experience
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Collecting data to help create the best sign in experiences
* Using data to enable leadership to make strategic decisions on product roadmap and investment
* Using near real time alerting and deep analytics to improve product health and performance
* Operationalizing data science analysis based on cutting edge techniques in machine learning, semantic analysis, data mining, experiments, statistics, and more
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.