The Linux Systems Group is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our team. If you are interested in working on Linux or open source projects at Microsoft, this is the job for you!
* At least 2+ years software development experience
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with external teams (open source, standards, and/or partners)
* Strong aptitude in architecting, designing, developing, debugging, and validating excellent products
* Passionate about partnering with customers
* Passionate about quality and engineering excellence
* Technical expertise and contributions to one or more of the following:
* Development of open source applications on Linux platforms
* Linux kernel experience (esp. storage, block layer, file systems or security)
* Linux system performance analyzing and tuning
* Technical passion, terrific problem-solving skills, and the ability to work independently
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Our team plays a key leadership role in Azure by driving Linux and open source technologies, solutions and strategy. In this role, you will work closely with both internal and external customers, coordinate design and coding across multiple live projects, and partner with independent teams in disparate geographic locations. You will work closely with open source projects such as Linux, PHP and others, representing Microsoft as a strong community partner and contributor. You will be working on research and development in cutting edge accelerations and optimizations to power future public and private clouds. You will define and push the limits of innovative technologies -- working with the latest hardware, the largest servers, and even larger datacenters.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.