Are you an engineer looking to tackle hard problems using big data and machine learning? Are you interested in the challenges of building large-scale, highly available online services? Love open source technologies, build v1 product and startup team culture? Then the CCP P+T team could be the right place for you!
Azure Core Commerce Platform (CCP) enables one of Microsoft's most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. We develop some of Microsoft's largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and processes millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. The platform powers all of Microsoft's key businesses - Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Windows App Store to name just a few.
The CCP Platform and Tools team is responsible for building and shipping critical services and components to standardize the technology stack and tooling for commerce services and accelerate the convergence into modern architecture in a compliant, secure, scalable and cost-effective way. We are looking for a talented and self-driven software engineer, with great passion for agility, quality, efficiency, and the desire to drive innovation. You will work with a dedicated team of high-caliber individuals and across different disciplines who greatly enjoy working together as we deliver our technology and solutions to the commerce teams. This is a critical role for our team and we're looking for a great software engineer who is excited about an opportunity to design, implement and influence the commerce platform and tools.
* 3+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped server products or services
* 3+ years of working with Python or C#
* A BS/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
* Machine Learning or Advanced Data analytics skill is desired but not required. If you are a good developer, we believe you can pick up quickly. We will train you in the work.
* Experience with Big Data and Azure is desired, but not required. We will use lots of Azure to run our service. You will learn in the work if you don't already know it.
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation
* Experience with building a highly scalable online service
* Solid written and verbal communications skills
* Proven Experience of working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
* Outstanding technical problem solving skills
* A proven track record of shipping quality products on time
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and development of large scale online and offline platform and tools for commerce systems.
* Optimize platforms and systems to make them highly performant, reliable and cost-effective.
* Develop platform and tools that are robust, allow for rapid development, low development cost, and low maintenance cost.
* Architect and implement incremental update to the commerce systems.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.