At Microsoft, we strongly believe that Mixed Reality is the future. We are the Mixed Reality Services team, responsible for a suite of services including Remote Rendering and Azure Spatial Anchors, that bring holograms to life across all platforms. Come join us as we build out our spatial mapping and surface reconstruction services. We dream of a future where the lines between holographic content and the real world are completely eliminated, and we work hard every day to make that future a reality!
Helping our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diverse backgrounds and experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers, while having a blast building them! We believe in sane work hours, utilizing our vacation time, and we offer paid parental leave. In addition we are passionate about learning on the job, and we have several hackathon events every year to ensure we have an opportunity to go beyond the planned and prioritized work and allow everyone to drive innovation. Our culture is collaborative, passionate and customer focused. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we try to bring our growth mindset to work every day!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help build our next set of spatial understanding services for the Azure Mixed Reality Platform. The ideal candidate is inclusive and wants to work alongside a team of engineers who have a wide range of skills and experiences to execute the project vision. You are a person with domain knowledge and expertise in building client libraries across different platforms. You will build the client libraries for Mixed Reality Services across all platforms including PC, HoloLens, Android and iOS using our native technology stack, and have an opportunity to collaborate with leading computer vision experts at Microsoft. You should be passionate about designing and delivering high quality APIs optimized for performance and ease of use. You will participate in the design and development of key components and services in the platform, and grow your expertise in cross platform development, distributed systems and computer vision.
* Expertise in C/C++, C#, Java, Objective-C or equivalent programming languages and multi-threaded programming
* Demonstrated ability, desire, and dedication to pick up new platforms or technologies
* Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, and Program Managers
* 2+ years of experience as a software developer
* BS or MS degree in Computer science or equivalent
* Awareness of mobile-specific technical and design considerations
* Experience building developer-facing APIs or client-side code
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Have genuine passion for mixed reality related technologies and experiences
* Produce sensible, simple, and high-quality software for infrastructure that interacts with modern services
* Demonstrate exceptional empathy for the software developer customer in both communication and in the software that you produce
* Work effectively across teams to address problems and collaboratively arrive at solutions
* Perform and thrive in an environment where your work can change rapidly in response to customer feedback and data
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.