Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on the systems or solutions that drive the financial workflows and help Microsoft in achieving organization's objectives related to operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting, and compliance with laws, regulations and policies.? Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies evolving our systems in a modern engineering manner? Do you want to enable customers to leverage the power of AI and natural language processing in their daily work?
If your answer is "YES" to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the software Engineering team in the Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) organization in Microsoft.
As we continue along our digital-transformation journey, Microsoft has been looking to AI to reinvent how we do business, by streamlining our operation's support and adding value to our partners and customers.
In this team, you will have the opportunity to design and develop creative and compelling, solutions in cloud that accomplishes the business outcomes in an automated, timely, cost-effective, compliant and secure way. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies and modern engineering practices. Delivery of solutions will be done via a DevOps model where success not only includes delivering business value but having a cost-effective, reliable, stable and supportable solution. We partner closely with Microsoft product engineering teams to ensure a great solution is delivered that can help our customers around the world and serve as a showcase to industry. To summarize, you will be an integral part of the digital transformation that is happening in Microsoft getting your hands in engineering systems of: observation, intelligence/insights/analytics, recording/reporting and engagement.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
* 1+ years of experience with NLP, conversation and AI technology
* 5+ years development and test automation experience
* 3+ years of experience building scalable, maintainable, production-quality services including, but not limited to with C#, ASP.NET Core, and Azure
* MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site.
* Familiarity with chat bots and NLP concepts is a plus
* Working experience with NLP frameworks & conversational AI
* Experience in Agile execution / delivery.
* Strong skills in designing, implementing and testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST APIs & micro services.
* Experience with Data Warehouse, reporting frameworks, building and leveraging data lake on Azure or from other cloud solutions providers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a software engineer, you will:
* Design, Implement, Validate, Release components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical) skills in agile team that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
* Develop designs that are complete from a usability, reliability, security, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different components/services/system(s) in a cloud world.
* Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
* Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes that progressively advances our services' capabilities to its different stakeholders.
* Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
* Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.