The Power Platform is the modern app platform underlying Microsoft PowerApps, Flow, and Dynamics 365 and represents one of the fastest growing cloud businesses within Microsoft. Microsoft is investing a tremendous number of resources into Power Platform with a singular objective: to empower our users to develop world class business applications and workflows without the need for specialized app developers or consultants.
As the product line has become more and more successful over time and is being adopted by ever larger enterprise organizations, it has underscored the need for greater capabilities around administration and governance, and that's where our team comes in. We are the team within CAP ALM (Administration and Lifecycle Management) that is responsible for all aspects of environment lifecycle from birth to death and everything in between.
The ALM team develops and operates the backend services responsible for the provisioning and administration of Power Platform environments, CDS databases, and related resources. We work with a wide range of partners in the Business Applications Group (BAG) and across the company to power their various workloads.
That's us. Here's how we'd describe the perfect you…
You have passion for developing cloud services with exceptional reliability and availability. You possess excellent problem solving and coding skills. You want to work on a team that believes in their product and puts themselves into making it successful. You don't want just a boring dev job to pay the bills. You love getting into the details, but you don't let perfection cripple progress. You have an open mind. You were born to iterate and evolve everything you do - and don't burn yourself out doing it. You can accomplish a lot in your own right, but can also be the perfect team member and use the synergy of the team to accomplish more than you could ever do on your own. You love to code and you are working on a thousand things at once; not because you are paid to do it, but because you are curious. You want to change the world and are looking for the perfect opportunity to do so.
Does that describe you? If so, then this Power Platform team is the place for you.
* B.Sc. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
* Experience coding in a high-level language such as C#, Java, or C++
Preferred qualifications and characteristics:
* Experience designing and implementing RESTful Web Services and APIs
* Experience developing on the Microsoft .NET platform: e.g. with Visual Studio, C#, and ASP.NET Web API. Experience building, testing, deploying, and operating services on Microsoft Azure, AWS, or other cloud computing platforms
* Ability to develop, test, instrument, profile, debug, and optimize code and resolve complex issues with distributed systems across multiple layers
* Strong problem solving skills
* Demonstrated commitment to quality and thorough testing practices
* Passion for learning (growth mindset) and the ability to master new technologies quickly
* Strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work well across roles and groups
* Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to apply design patterns and other techniques to ensure extensible and maintainable system design and architecture
This is a great opportunity to join the team and have a significant impact on Microsoft's newest and most ambitious business app platform. Apply today!
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
You will develop code, contribute to designs, test services, fix bugs, deploy services, and contribute to operating the services owned by our team (we use a full devops model). You will have a unique opportunity to work with the latest cloud technologies and develop scalable Azure services using a mix of in house and open source technologies. We're looking for someone proficient at creating and maintaining warm and productive working relationships. You will also need to be a go getter and a fast learner.
We use agile methods (e.g. SCRUM) to deliver consistent value for our business. The majority of our deliverables are backend RESTful Web services written in C# and running on Azure. We are always looking for ways to be more effective and we look to you to bring your diversity of experience and your own growth mindset into the team and influence our culture.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.