The Azure Data division delivers a myriad of services in support of the big data analytics story. Azure SQL Data Warehouse is a large piece of that puzzle. This service provides a massively parallel processing (MPP) architecture to query petabytes of data at lightning fast speed. DW is one of the fastest growing services within Azure. We are looking for a team member who can help design and implement a new architecture for our control plane. This area will provide infinite scale to our customers while minimizing costs to ourselves, deliver a servicing model that is transparent to the end user and enables seamless integration with the Azure data analytics portfolio including PowerBI, HDI and Hadoop services and Azure Data Lake.
As a member of the Azure SQL Data Warehousing development team, you will help us design, develop and support all aspects of the control plane for our services. You'll understand the SQL DB services architecture upon which DW sits to identify improvements in efficiency and quality across the organization. The DW control plane is the first experience customers have with our service as we provide provisioning, scaling, upgrade, maintenance and the APIs necessary to manage your DW. As we expand our offering, we are exploring new options for our service architecture which will allow us to expand beyond our current limitations and provide customers with the scale, quality and reliability they expect from an enterprise ready service.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or other technical degree
* 3+ years of programming experience in Java, C, C++ or C#
* 3+ years of software development, Object-oriented programming and design patterns
* Great curiosity and willingness to question
* Solve problems by always leading with deep passion and empathy for customers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Design, implement, test and operate services and components
* Build and maintain partnership between our team and teams operating services upstream and downstream
* Establish customer connections and build insights into their business to feed back into design
* Mentor and grow junior members of the team
* Partner with Program Management, architects and leaders to define requirements, scope projects and validate solutions
* Release features on time, with high quality, meeting functional, performance, scalability and compliance requirements
* Research and adopt new technology to improve quality of the service, increase customer value or reduce operating cost
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.