Build new scenarios for one of the most successful and widely deployed enterprise databases in the world!
Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise team is looking for engineers who are passionate in working on developing SQL Server Database Engine, High Availability and CI/CD pipelines. SQL Server continues to be one of the most popular database platforms in the world and a key part of the Azure data platform in Microsoft. In this team, we are working on innovations to ensure continuous success and growth for Enterprise/Tier-1 customers. We focus on performance, scalability, availability, security, telemetry, monitoring and more, for on-premise and hybrid scenarios which span across many components (Frontend/Language, Query Processing, Access Methods, Storage Management, Crash Recovery and High Availability). We work with Windows, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes and other popular distributions.
Our primary profile is a strong systems-level developer and we are hiring engineers at all levels.
* We are looking for engineers with 5 years or more of hands on software development experience, including working on enterprise software and services, database systems/engines, and/or distributed systems.
* Experience in software development using native programming languages (C/C++) is required (experience with other programming languages such as C# and Java is a plus).
* You should have passion for technology and strong problem solving, design, coding, and collaboration skills.
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is required. If you have any of the following, it will be considered a plus: design and development experience in database engines or operating systems internals; experience with both Windows and Linux; M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science (or equivalent).
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Here's a little introduction to our team:
* We spend our days collaborating with, teaching, and learning from a diverse set of world class engineers.
* We develop, test, and check code in every day.
* We are obsessed with customers and make data-driven decisions using telemetry collected from customers and production systems.
* We take time to design, implement, and enhance the engineering systems that allow us to focus on new problems and reduce overhead.
* We are looking into how to make our platform more adaptive and intelligent.
* Our core engine is highly optimized for performance and scale, and developed using native programming language, but we use a wide variety of technologies to extend the platform capabilities on top of that.
* We look for opportunities to use existing technologies and open source.
If any or all of that sounds exciting to you, then the SQL Server Enterprise team could be a great place to call home.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.