Azure Storage team (Blob Storage,ADLS Gen1/Gen2 and Cosmos) present interesting challenges in technologies such as cloud, storage and big data compute support. We build reliable, highly scalable and highly performing distributed systems for data analytics on Azure. We work with various cutting-edge technologies, and make contributions to these technologies. We are creating a planetary scale storage system, which can scale to Exabyte of data (yes, that's 18+ digits!). We are building next generation globally distributed, elastic scale, fault tolerant cloud storage services. It is designed to enable developers to build planet-scale applications.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Mathematics or 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
* Strong expertise in C#, web application, and at least one popular shell/script language as Python, PS, etc.
* Passion on delivering modern high-performance service with high reliability
* Expertise in building scalable web application and reusable modules
* Familiar with workflow or IIS, build pipelines and tools
* Experience in backend service design and development, web API, MVC design pattern, etc.
* Experience with open source components like Spark and Hadoop ecosystem as a plus
* Great curiosity and willingness to question
* High enthusiasm, integrity, ingenuity, results-orientation, self-motivation, and resourcefulness in a fast-paced competitive environment
* Have a deep desire to work collaboratively, solve problems with teams across the world, find win/win solutions and celebrate successes
* Get excited by the challenge of hard technical problems
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As an engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on the latest technology in cloud storage area and build world class storage/telemetry/analysis experience for cloud customers:
* Design and develop high reliability cloud storage infrastructure pipelines for capacity planning and estimation
* Design and develop the azure storage build out automation tools to improve the productivity across teams
* Design and develop storage platform-specific APIs with high performance with a world-class user experience
* Be responsible for the live site issues and customer escalations, and able to take 7*12 hours' DRI on duty regularly.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.