Product Release and Security Services (PRSS) Team within Microsoft Azure organization owns mission critical systems such as Anti-Malware Scanning, Code Signing, Release, Encryption, PKI and Product Certification services. We enable partners like Azure, Office, Windows, XBOX, UST and external Companies to release products and services to the world. We build high-scale, high-performance and high security distributed applications using modern technologies and engineering process. Our team takes lot of pride in delivering software in a fast-paced environment. Our technology usage includes entire Microsoft technology stack, such as C#, NET, Azure, Service Fabric, Data Analytics as well as open source technologies such as Linux, Nuget, Git and Docker. We are constantly looking for adopting newest Microsoft products and tools to improve customer experience and become world class engineering team.
We are looking for a motivated, experienced software engineer to join us in working on a distributed system. The services that we provide have a company-wide impact (Azure, Windows, Office, Xbox, Windows Store, etc.), and there is great opportunity to collaborate across multiple product groups within the company, not only concerning product delivery but also concerning technical strategy. The scope of this position can be increased beyond the posted level for candidates with extensive experience.
We are a fun, positive, diverse team that is very focused on delivering results, but we also value work/life balance. We use Agile and DevOps practices. We also place a high value on professional growth.
* BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
* 10+ years of experience in developing web services, object oriented design and distributed systems
* 10+ years' experience in software industry
* Deep expertise in C#, .NET, VSTS, GIT, Nuget, Web services and cloud technology
* Strong Architectural and Design skills especially in distributed systems
* Deep understanding of security, performance, high availability and scalability
* Experience in developing scalable real-time micro-services
* Experience in implementing enterprise scale solutions
* Excellent problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, planning, and organizational skills
* Exceptional communication skills - written, verbal, listening
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
* 4+ years software development shipping customer-facing products or online services
* Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases, and debug server-side, multi-threaded, and highly scalable applications
* Familiar with Windows, Unix and Mobile platforms
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and Implement software solutions critical to PRSS
* Building prototypes and driving architectural design
* DevOps support of PRSS services
* Work cross-team with Azure, Windows, Office, Xbox to under business requirements
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.