Software Engineer II
Cloud computing is the next big thing, it is the wave of the future. Most new software being built today is for the cloud. Today, there is a limited pool of people who know how to build and operate cloud-native applications. Microsoft's Identity division is at the center of Microsoft's cloud strategy, we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, XBOX and Azure users worldwide. In the mobile-first cloud-first world the sign in experience is the front door for building closer customer relationships, supporting smoother commerce transactions and keeping people safe. Our services handle over 4 million requests per minute from our data centers worldwide, we know how to engineer for the cloud.
SRT team within Identity Platform is looking for an Software engineers who can help the team deliver quality products effectively. The team is responsible for LiveSite Manager, a system that the rest of the Identity is using to manage production safely and securely, and Fault Injection Service that is used to endure resiliency of multiple cloud services across Microsoft. The team is also responsible for providing shared platform solutions to entire One Identity Organization.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineers who have demonstrated excellence in delivery and management of cloud services through all stages of their lifecycle.
* 2+ years of software development experience in a product group.
* Demonstrated excellence in Coding, Code Review and Technical communication documentation
* Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering discipline, OR 4 years of equivalent software engineering work experience
* The ability to multi-task while balancing short-term and long-term tasks is essential.
* Experience with owning or driving large scale services, components or feature areas
* Experience optimizing automation, reliability and monitoring of LiveSite
* Strong customer focus and data driven approach
* End-to-end Delivery & Innovation
* Agility in fast paced environment
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of a service
* Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a service and drive analysis of an outage; write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently.
* Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
* Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements.
* Conduct periodic on call duties.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.