In Cognition, people-not devices-are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together-whether that's scientists "meeting" on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we're incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We're a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Microsoft was awarded a contract by the United States Army to prototype hardware, software, and cloud solutions for the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS) program. The program leverages technology from HoloLens to design a heads-up display that pushes the boundaries of mixed reality devices. Our team needs an experienced software engineer to ensure we deliver on the program's ambitious objectives.
* A BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent, advanced degree preferred
* Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
* Outstanding technical problem solving and C++ debugging skills
* Experience developing cloud-based solutions to enable massive parallelization of heavy compute jobs
* Excellent 3D Math and Geometry skills
* Understanding of 3D Game engine design specifically physics and AI components
* A commitment to contribute to the team's success
* A desire to learn new technology
Most of all, we want a happy customer that can delight in a successful product delivery and loves working with Microsoft. So, you'll need to embrace a customer first mindset.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of U.S. citizenship and/or U.S. permanent residence to meet federal government security requirements.
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Research, improve, design, implement, bring-up, optimize, and validate cutting-edge geometry algorithms
* Own the quality of your software
* Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including Software, Hardware, Program Management and Quality teams
* Own accurate design and costing for your engineering activities
* Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.