Printing is an indispensable technology used every day by billions of people. We are transforming the Windows Print Platform to support a cloud-first, mobile-first world where customers' data and organizations' infrastructure are managed in the cloud. To do this, printers and devices must become cloud-aware and connect to an organization's cloud-based infrastructure. The software industry is just beginning to understand how to connect devices to the cloud and manage them from any device.
As a Software Engineer II in the Peripherals team, you have a great opportunity to deepen your experience developing software as a service. You will work with a great team, senior leads with deep expertise, and clear goals to deliver this new service for Microsoft. You will work on many different projects and learn new skills. This is a unique opportunity to join a team developing a new Microsoft service from the ground up.
* Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent engineering field
* 2+ years of demonstrated experience developing production cloud-based services and cloud infrastructure
* Master's degree in an engineering field
* Familiarity with Windows APIs and the UWP framework
* Comfortable working in a fast-moving, agile environment
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* Design, develop, and test high quality code with careful thought applied to performance, security, scalability, and maintainability
* Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail
* Use telemetry to improve the feature quality and customer satisfaction
* Contribute to the team by reviewing peer's code, providing feedback on proposed designs, and sharing feedback to help others grow
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.