Are you a developer with an interest in security? Do you want an opportunity to make an impact with enterprise customers around the world? Would you like to create products, tools and services that help enterprises discover and address security threats within their organizations?
We are the Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance team - a fast paced team with a startup mindset within the Microsoft Experiences and Devices organization. We are building exciting services, platforms, and tools that makes it easy to build, deploy and manage complex, hyper-scale, high performance, AI powered Information Security and Compliance solutions in the cloud and end points. Key product lines in our team include Microsoft 365 Security and Compliance Console, Windows Defender Antivirus (AV) and Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), our Office Information Protection suite, and threat intelligence research capabilities. In today's broadly connected ecosystem, providing strong security and data protection are critical challenges for consumers and enterprise customers. Our products and services are foundational drivers for Microsoft 365, and are a major growth opportunity for the company over the next few years.
Our team is responsible to ensure enterprise customers understand, monitor their security threats and configure their security settings within their organization. We partner closely with multiple technology teams within our group and across the company to leverage existing features as well as drive new ones.
* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience in the software engineering industry with strong problem-solving skills
* 1+ years of experience driving and managing technical and architectural dependencies
* Excellent coding, debugging, and validation skills in a primary language (C# preferred), complemented by secondary language for scripting
* Experience with backend data processing using Azure services
* Good understanding of OS internals (e.g. Windows, Linux)
* Proven track record of owning features/scenarios/projects and driving them from conception to completion
* Passion for quality, customer satisfaction, and new technologies
* Experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services
* Experience in designing systems and processes for running services particularly with scale, drive cost and operational efficiency, continuous integration, and monitoring
* Experience in debugging skills for live services using logging and telemetry
* Expertise in .NET framework and/or Java, C# or equivalent programming language
* Experience in Python programming language
* Familiar with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
* Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, test harnesses.
* Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS. Linux stack and Docker.
* Knowledge of Big Data tools such as Hadoop and Spark is a plus.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a developer in this position your areas of focus will be within an end to end team helping drive the information feedback loop for our customers that includes elements of data acquisition, insight, display and interpretation. This feedback loop leads to features we develop which our customer will use to customize the M365 endpoint protection products specifically for their business. We own and develop the experiences our customers see when trying to understand their individual security posture and status. You will work closely with Program Managers and other Security Engineering disciplines to deliver core features in the M365 portal, as well as back end functionality that leads to them. You will fill a vital role in the fight against malware and see the results of your work contributing to protection of hundreds of millions of customers.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.