Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building the Microsoft IoT platform which will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
You will be working in the Azure IoT Platform team that builds and runs Azure IoT Analytics service, also known as Azure Time Series Insights. This service is responsible for providing near-real time interactive analytics over data streaming from millions of IoT devices and other sources via IoT Hub and Event Hub. Our customers are using Time Series Insights for continuous monitoring, maintaining and optimizing their IoT assets as well as building applications on top of our APIs. Our engineering is focused on enabling high-scale data ingestion into hot, warm and cold storage and providing rich analytics and query capabilities backed by time series models.
* 2+ years of experience with a modern web technology or framework (react, angular, knockout, etc)
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
* Great design and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated quality and engineering excellence
* Hands-on expertise with a variety of front-end technologies (js/html/css)
* Ability to analyze, at times ambiguous, customer scenarios and requirements and passion for finding elegant solutions
* Understanding of front-end build and deployment infrastructure
* Experience shipping services as containers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Azure Time Series Insights Explorer is a best in class web application for near real time data analytics over terabytes of IoT data, that drives day to day operations in a variety of IoT verticals. The team is currently looking to expand functionality to support advanced analytics, real-time monitoring, and data modelling capabilities to enable the next wave of platform innovation. As part of this effort, the Time Series Insights team is looking for a talented software engineer to drive development of cutting-edge application capabilities.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will include:
* Building state of the art interactive data visualizations over terabytes of data
* Designing scalable front-end solutions to handle large scale streaming data sets with tight rendering and performance constraints
* Communicating and designing protocols and APIs for querying massively distributed data stores
* Working with PM and Design teams to prioritize new features and design new experiences, in many cases without industry precedent
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.