EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
We are excited to be seeking a Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer to join our team. This is an entirely hands on, full stack role (75% back end), working on our EverQuote Pro platform. You are a seasoned engineer who has the ability to work through several infrastructure and architecture projects, and have a history of past projects that strike the right balance between modularity and simplicity. You would be a thought leader, providing insight into our current plan and providing guidance from an infrastructure perspective.
* Design and implement new features and projects for a mix of web-based applications and services
* Provide insight and technical expertise towards our infrastructure and architecture projects and initiatives
* Help drive strategic initiatives and thinking about how to evolve the online marketing opportunities available to us
* 4+ years of work experience in software engineering
* Experience building and scaling distributed available systems.
* Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments. (Ubuntu, Debian etc)
* Experience with our current tech stack Ruby on Rails (required), PostgreSQL (required), Redis (required), Python, Go, Django, MongoDB.
* Experience running production applications on Amazon Web Services (required), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Kubernetes.
* We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
* We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of leaders to push us forward as a public company
* Even as we've become a public company, we're committed to maintaining our "startup feel," (but with none of that startup anxiety)
* We employ completely data-driven decision-making
* We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
* Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
* We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment
* We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more
The Largest Online Auto Insurance Marketplace in the U.S. Everquote filed for an IPO on June 18th, 2018 to raise $75M by offering 4.7 million shares at a price range of $15 to $17, at an approximate valuation of $471M.