Make your mark on the history of space exploration! Come join Blue Origin's Enterprise Manufacturing Software development team. We create the tools that will make it possible to build and launch rockets faster, cheaper and with continually higher quality. We aim to apply high tech software development practices to our state-of-the art software used to track millions of physical parts and complex manufacturing activities across multiple remote locations. We are seeking team members of all backgrounds who are passionate about space and who have a strong desire to serve on a team that is the backbone of Blue Origin's Manufacturing organization.
As a software engineer in Enterprise Manufacturing you'll work on solving complex problems using current technologies. You'll participate in the full product lifecycle, from gathering requirements to architecture of systems to writing code and providing operational support for our users. Your colleagues come from top technology companies and will continually challenge you to develop faster, more scalable, and higher quality software. You'll be uniquely positioned to help the company scale as we embark on ever more challenging engineering and business opportunities. We value people who are passionate about learning new things, beginning on the first day. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
As a software engineer, you can expect to build and operate:
* Scalable Java/Node.js microservices implementing GraphQL and REST apis, deployed to Kubernetes and Amazon Web Services
* Highly complex databases utilizing MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Neo4J
* User interfaces using front end technologies such as Angular.io and React
* Design, code, test and deploy new features and systems using CI/CD best practices
* Work with a UX designer to design and build user interfaces and iterate based on user feedback
* Select appropriate libraries and open source technologies to integrate and use within projects
* Provide Operational Support for the team's production systems
* Integrate and monitor custom software with off-the-shelf systems
* Think outside the box. Challenge why things are done a certain way and figure out ways to do things better.
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
* Strong experience with Object Oriented programming languages
* A demonstrated ability to develop complex end-to-end software
* The ability to quickly absorb information in an unfamiliar domain and translate it into software
* Self-driven with the ability to seek out requirements and propose solutions with minimal direction
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Proficient in Java and related technologies
* Microservice architecture and associated platforms
* Continuous Integration/Continuous deployment strategies
* Modern full-stack web development, from back-end to front-end
* Angular.io and related libraries
* Relational and non-relational database design/implementation
* Experience with one of mysql, postgresql, mongodb and interest in learning the other
* Experience working with manufacturing software or processes
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.