This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements. Current US government security clearance of Top Secret or higher is required. This role can be based in Reston, VA or Redmond, WA.
We are the Azure Data Factory team, part of the Azure Data organization. Azure Data Factory teams present interesting challenges in technologies such as big-data, cloud, advanced analytics and open-source. We build reliable, highly-scalable and highly-performing distributed systems for data analytics on Azure. We work with various open-source technologies like Spark and Yarn.
We are hiring engineers who are passionate about learning how to build scalable, distributed, highly available and secure cloud native services. We are creating a fully managed service that operationalizes and schedules arbitrarily large data flows and transformations. Azure Data Factory is designed to enable developers to build their advanced analytics and AI applications using powerful technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Azure Machine Learning and Azure Batch. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a very agile team, take on hard data analytics problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace. We need collaborative developers who can think big, deliver on those big challenges and, along the way, change the world. Do you want to change the world with data and large-scale distributed systems? Do you want to solve challenges that you didn't even know existed until you get to a large size? Come join us on the Azure Data Factory team!
At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a positive impact on millions of end users.
The right candidate for this job is:
Passionate about distributed systems and working with highly scalable services
Enjoys new technological challenges and is motivated to solve them
Excited about making better software and continuously improving the development, integration and deployment processes
Smart, highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast-paced, highly technical environment
Effective collaborator, experienced in creating technical partnerships across teams
* 1+ years of engineering or systems experience
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline, or in place of 4-year degree, an equivalent industry internship or industry software engineering experience
* Experience with the Microsoft cloud and/or stack including Azure, Windows or other Microsoft software/services
* Experience leveraging cloud architecture, applying site reliability principles, and/or demonstrating sensitivity to operational concerns
* Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
* Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
* Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design, develop, and deliver the required software engineering to serve and protect Azure Data Factory government clouds
* Own deployment, availability, reliability, performance and customer escalation targets for sovereign environments
* Proactively identify and reduce issues through design, testing, and implementation of software-based solutions
* Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management partners to translate customer, business, and technical requirements into architectural designs and feature releases
* Drive efficiencies through software improvement and root cause analysis resulting in service delivery, maturity, and scalability
* Work within a highly skilled team of engineers to deliver revolutionary improvements to the cloud and scale them
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.