We're not your traditional tech company and we don't aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That's why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Toast is looking for a Software Engineer II to be part of our Core Integrations team responsible for full stack development. You will be working on features on our Android tablets (Java/Kotlin), backend server code (Java), front-end UIs (React/Play/pure JS), and external APIs driven by Dropwizard microservices. That means that there are always opportunities to learn as we make an impact on our customers' experience across Toast. Help design full-stack features for our up-and-coming products, dive deep into Android to improve our in-restaurant experience. Create robust and well-performing microservices used by thousands of restaurants and hundreds of thousands of employees every day. We need your help to revolutionize our management tools that are a critical part of every restaurant.
Some projects we've been working on recently include:
* Created a new ecosystem enabling scalable partner integrations
* Built Gift Card and Loyalty Program API-based solutions replacing costly custom integrations and now widely leveraged by many partners and customers
* Designing a new tender integration enabling modern payment methods to be used by customers thus streamlining and enhancing the in-restaurant experience
* Working cross functionally with other Toast teams to define best practices for API development
As a senior software engineer on the Core Integrations team, you will be:
* Crafting, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
* Participating in designing, estimating, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting mobile, database, middle-tier and front-end code
* Designing solutions from the customer's perspective
* Actively contributing to product design and feature selection
* Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
* Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
* Proficient in an object oriented language
* Passionate about building great software
* An interest and commitment to continuous learning
* Known for having a get unblocked attitude
* At least 2 years of experience
* At least one of the following:
* Well-versed in at microservice architecture or SaaS
* Well-versed in Android development
Toast is a tablet point-of-sale app for restaurants, cafes, bars, clubs, and other businesses in the food service and hospitality space.