Away is seeking a driven software engineer to join the Away team. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative engineering, working cross functionally to build delightful experiences and help our platform better support our evolving business.
The role will report to an Engineering Manager, and is based in our Soho, New York headquarters.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with talented designers, product managers, and fellow engineers to build and design new features for Away web properties, including both e-commerce and editorial experiences.
* Connect our online experiences with our retail experiences.
* Help us transition our front-end from Backbone to React, Redux, and next.js.
* Extend our Solidus based (Ruby on Rails) backend application.
* 2+ years of professional software development experience.
* BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience working with two or more from the following: front-end web components, restful API design, data modeling, infrastructure, accessibility, performance, security
* 3+ years of professional software development experience.
* Experience working with or building APIs from data modeling, to controller logic, to views/serializers in frameworks such as Ruby on Rails.
* Experience with e-commerce platforms, bonus for Spree and/or Solidus.
* Experience with AWS, Heroku, or similar IaaS or PaaS providers.
You'll love working at Away because:
* We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. You'll have flexible PTO to explore new places and access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once you're here for three years, you'll earn a sabbatical and a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
* We're not just employees. We're people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, and dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, monthly reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous and inclusive parental leave, and a kitchen stocked with organic snacks and coffee.
* We'll invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs.
* We're creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global and diverse, so we're building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, and more, we're building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional and physical space to bring their best selves to work.
* We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, and believe that fair and equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
* And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. We'll give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts and regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, and launched several new products and experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know that's just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Company's "World's Most Innovative Companies," one of TIME's "50 Most Genius Companies," and a Forbes "Next Billion Dollar Startup." We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, we're expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness and lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US and abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? We're hiring!
Away is a company that specializes in manufacturing luggage suitcases.