Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the front door to Azure and provides platform for resource provider to expose their API to end users. As of now Azure has hundreds of resource providers and continue to grow.
Our charter is to develop the next generation of platform to develop and host Azure Resource providers. We are looking for software engineers who are excited about containers, and container orchestration with Kubernetes. Who also have a passion for building DevOps tools that make it easier for developers authors to build, deploy and scale their services in Azure.
Along with new platform, our team has a unique opportunity to work on existing high scale, highly available ARM. Working with ARM you will interact with 2 personas, Azure's end user and many Azure internal services. Any service whether internal or external wants to call itself a customer facing resource provider, needs to onboard to ARM and must implement ARM resource provider contract. Any features you implement, or bug fix will you fix will impact of hundreds of services connected to ARM and of course all Azure end users.
* BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* Experience in building, shipping and operating reliable, distributed solutions
* Experience with container runtimes such as Docker, Rkt, runC, containers and how they are enabled by the underlying OS components.
* Experience with workload/container orchestration using Kubernetes or similar platforms.
* Preferred Qualifications:
* Experience in Linux.
* Ability to engage in site-reliability engineering practices.
* At least 4 years of experience in commercial software development
"Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Responsibilities for this role include design and coding skills
Good to have working knowledge on Kubernetes and auxiliary components on Azure
Build automation to prevent and/or remediate service problems from becoming production incidents
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.