Billions of users. Billions of dollars. Millions of products. Planet-wide reach. Sell everything: apps, games, hardware. It's Microsoft Marketplace Services. If you are excited by working on software at the scale of one of the largest online marketplaces in the world, then this is your dream job. The Universal Store team in WDG is developing some of Microsoft's largest scale and business critical cloud services.
These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and process millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a 'cloud first', 'mobile first' strategy. The platform powers all of Microsoft's key services - Windows App Store, Windows Phone, XBOX, Bing Ads, Office 365, Azure to name just a few. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows or Windows Phone device, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using the Universal Store platform.
We are the Marketplace Services team and are responsible for the services which power Microsoft's marketplace. We specialize in a massive transactional infrastructure that handles the core commerce functionality of Xbox Live, Windows and Phone services. Every time a customer searches, buys, or gets a license for a product in the marketplace, they are using a Marketplace Service. If you have a gamer-tag, or if you've used your Xbox, Windows Store or Windows Phone to purchase a game, a song, a video, a subscription, or an app, then you're one of our customers.
* BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or 5+ years of related practical experience.
* 3+ years programming experience in C#, .NET
* Expertise in building and operationalizing large scale distributed micro services that have a global footprint across multiple data centers
* Experience with storage and cache offerings such as Azure Tables, BLOBs, CosmosDB, Redis
* Experience working through the development of 1.0 services/platforms.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and Implement new services while simultaneously extending our existing shared marketplace services
* Design, develop, test, and ship technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies (Kubernetes, Redis, CosmosDB, Azure BLOBs and Tables, COSMOS, Power BI etc)
* Drive engineering and operational excellence initiatives (TDD, Service Refactoring, Continuous Delivery in a DevOps environment)
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.