The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with experience developing embedded radar software. The ideal candidate will employ Raytheon software development processes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Work effectively and contribute significantly during all phases of the software development life-cycle * Develop radar mode software in C and/or Ada * Show excellent investigation and trouble-shooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions to them * Work proactively to complete tasks with some oversight direction * Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers * Actively participate in program and customer meetings and reviews * U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* Minimum of 2 years' experience developing embedded software utilizing C, C++, Ada or related tools/languages (either at school or combined school and work experience) * Completed coursework in the following areas: * Calculus for Engineers and Scientists * Physics for Engineers and Scientists * Software engineering
* Candidate should have appropriate courses and experience (work or school projects) that have prepared them to undertake real work and make a meaningful contribution in a professional software engineering environment * Candidate should be proficient with general purpose computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Must be able to obtain an interim Secret security clearance PRIOR to starting*
As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Interim Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.
* 1-2 Years Previous Software related co-op / internship experience * 1-2 Years working knowledge and experience in multiple phases of the software development life-cycle * Completed coursework or equivalent knowledge/experience in following areas: * Software Architecture, Signal processing, Data processing or related engineering activities * Agile/Lean, Continuous Integration, and similar development techniques * Software Integration * Assembly language * Algorithmic Fundamentals * Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or equivalent development tools
* Strong interpersonal skills and work habits: * Good work ethic * Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge towards assigned tasks * Ability to work well independently and in teams * Able to work with minimal supervision * Excellent oral and written communication skills * Self-motivated and highly ambitious
* * Required Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical major (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.) from an accredited University
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
133849 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.