Consider some of the problems you will try to solve:
* Large-scale distributed systems: Our real-time budget problem requires a low-latency feedback loop, pushing updates on millions of objects to thousands of machines using our custom caching solution, all while observing strict SLA requirements.
* Interesting algorithmic problems: Optimize revenue, memory footprint, and overall algorithmic efficiency, making use of the latest research and techniques, high end hardware, lock-free data structures, intelligent thread design, and system architecture.
* Programming, probability, and statistics: Client success depends on the ability to accurately predict and track the performance of thousands of advertising campaigns that bid on a cost per impression, cost per click, cost peracquisition, or cost per view basis, all while staying within our 100ms time limit.
About the job:
* Designand implementnew features and enhancements to ourplatform that require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions
* Collaborate within a small functional team with diverse technology backgrounds, as well as across multiple functional teams that develop systems and integrate across the platform
* Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments; prioritize bug fixes to ensure critical up-time
* Be responsible for the general health of the global real-time applications that must be operational 24/7/365
* Participate in design discussions about new features andensure real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
About your skills:
* BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience OR MS degree and 2+ years of experience in software engineering (Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred)
* Experience using either C, C++, Golang, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
* Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications, preferably in a Linux environment
* Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques and with performance analysis
* Experience with real-time data processing engines, ultra-low-level, and low latency systems is preferred
* Excellent Computer Science fundamentals with regards to data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.
More about you:
* You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
* You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
* You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
* You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
Job ID 1930282 Date posted 06/25/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.