MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What we do:
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team, collaborating closely with IBD Bankers to build business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings. Our platforms are used throughout all stages of deal execution including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. We are looking for talented engineers to join Debt Syndicate Engineering team as a POD lead.
Development POD lead will be responsible to manage day-to-day execution of project with a team of 4 to 5 Engineers. Responsibilities will include sprint planning and assignments, backlog grooming, facilitation of Agile ceremonies, identification and removal of project risks, coordination with IBD Bankers and PODs in other regions, and participation in each phase of SDLC life cycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for exceptional people who:
* Bring proven technical expertise ready to take advantage of a variety of technologies to facilitate new application development as part of a global program.
* Are enthusiastic and willing to learn. Syndicate Engineering is growing and performing large scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
* Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design and micro services architecture.
* Are passionate about Test Driven Development and applying good test practices and different types of testing to promote rapid, reliable and resilient application development.
* Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
* Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
* Are ready to contribute to analysis, design and review of software solutions, understanding how our teams fit into the wider technical strategy and how to bring that strategy to bear on the work we do.
* Have implied Agile methodology to drive product development
* 5 - 10 years of development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
* Hands-on experience with Java 8, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
* Exposure to Sybase (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
* Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
* Experience in implementing automated tests through test driven development
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to lead a team of engineers through end to end discovery, development and rollout of applications
* Ability to excel in a global team
* Experience using Agile methodologies
* Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
* Experience with Apache Camel, Apache Kafka (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
* Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.