About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we've been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that's a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners' food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 19+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 115,000 restaurants in 2,200 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You'll Tackle
* Design, implement, and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
* Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
* Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
* Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
* Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
* You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery.
You Should Have
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
* Strong track record of strong academic performance (3.0 or higher cumulative GPA)
* Solid foundation in software programming in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, C, C++, Ruby, Scala, C#, Objective C
* Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
* Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
* Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
* Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
* Flexible PTO. It's true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
* Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
* Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
* Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they're granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we're all in it to win it.
* Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers - because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
GrubHub provides an online and mobile platform for restaurant pick-up and delivery orders.