We are excited to be seeking a Software Engineer I to join our team! This is an entirely hands on, back end role building integrations between EverQuote and its partners, and engineering solutions to scale these systems. You are a software engineer eager to jump in and learn new things. You have a customer service mindset and enjoy working with partners and stakeholders to identify improvements and troubleshoot issues.
Our Software Engineers work closely with insurance providers to ensure successful data handoff; they collaborate with our product and business development teams in order to effectively prioritize and coordinate company goals. EverQuote is a place where engineers understand the business needs driving their work, and can see in real time how their changes are impacting the company.
Technologies used: Ruby, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL, REST, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, DataDog
* Implement integrations using Ruby and Python
* Design and implement new methods of receiving data
* Deploy new integrations to staging and production environments
* Monitor the performance of integrations you have deployed to production
* Perform code reviews
* Test new integrations with insurance providers' technical teams
* A minimum of 1 year of professional experience with application development in any language; Ruby or Python preferred.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical context to both technical and non-technical business partners is essential
* Understanding of fundamentals of SQL
* Strong eye for detail, including validation and edge cases
* Strong sense of urgency and accountability
* Great teamwork skills
* Some experience with AWS, GCP, Linux a plus
* We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history
* We recently completed our IPO and are looking for the next generation of leaders to push us forward as a public company
* Even as we've become a public company, we're committed to maintaining our "startup feel," (but with none of that startup anxiety)
* We employ completely data-driven decision-making
* We encourage creative thinking, independent responsibilities for business results & team collaboration
* Lunch catering to the office, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
* We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stock, and a relaxed & flexible work environment
* We have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and more
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
The Largest Online Auto Insurance Marketplace in the U.S. Everquote filed for an IPO on June 18th, 2018 to raise $75M by offering 4.7 million shares at a price range of $15 to $17, at an approximate valuation of $471M.