Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Supply Chain Engineering, is the place for technology professionals who want to be strategic business partners and the first to create innovative solutions - making global impact on millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees using Microsoft software and services.
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering end-to-end services, with high quality, into production. If you a self-starting (SAP) Software Engineer, with a passion for developing people, delivering quality and are looking for a place where your abundance of ideas will be welcomed and supported, you may just have found your dream job - helping deliver, robust, quality business applications, by collaboratively engineering our SAP transactional backbone, from the ground up, to meet the specific requirements of our partners, in a constantly evolving business environment.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
* BS in Computer Science, or related fields
* 5+ years' experience configuring SD, LO, LE, MM in like business environments (implementation, not merely 'support'), with deep expertise in Shipping and Logistics - shipping, inventory management, order delivery.
* 3+ years' experience required in consumer electronics, and/or high-tech industry, and/or consumer packaged goods.
* Demonstrated experience and expertise in providing guidance and technical direction to peers as a recognized expert in fulfillment logistics.
* A sound understanding of other business technology concepts, including a solid understanding of software architectures, integration technologies and particularly cross-module SAP integration dependencies.
* Effective team player including communicating with customers, peers (business & technical), and suppliers.
* Broad, functional knowledge, and systems integration, across a SAP ECC / SCM / IBP / Ariba landscape
* Familiarity with automation tools - Worksoft Certify, Visual Studio etc.
* Proven ability, in a global environment
* Strong team building and proven leadership skills.
* Personal accountability, and drive, to take on and see through big challenges
* Excellent problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Preferred, not required:
* Formal SAP certification, in at least 1 domain area, preferred, but not required, if you have verifiable configuration experience.
* Experience with SAFe, SCRUM, or similar Agile development/implementation methodology
* Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Telemetry etc.
* Software engineering experience in other Microsoft technologies
* Understanding of Cloud Computing concepts and platforms
* Experience using structured design and modeling techniques
The ideal candidate, will have proven ability (to):
* Execute work plans to land high-value systems improvements that drive quality and scale, by working with internal and external partners on the design and deployment of systems-enabled capabilities, ensuring functionality, usability & supportability.
* Evaluate existing processes & systems, to identify opportunities for savings and improvement.
* Understand the long-term vision and strategies of our WDG business partners, and Microsoft's broader business strategy
* Design and develop high quality solutions with an emphasis on simplicity and sustainability
* Independently drive for results and demonstrate the ability to deliver projects on-time, at expected quality
* Proven ability to excel in highly ambiguous, organizationally-complex business environments.
* Passion for improving the customer, partner and internal user-experience.
* Strong cross-group collaboration skills and ability to build credible relationships
* Strong negotiation skills and ability to recognize and resolve conflict
* Highly developed analytical skills and critical-thinking skills
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills and ability to distill highly-complex technology projects into understandable and compelling GM-level business presentations
* Partner with value stream, Engineering and Architecture colleagues, to identify emerging industry trends and the related SAP technologies/roadmap, ensuring we, always, have a roadmap for process, tools, & technology that optimizes the landscape, for premium Windows devices & accessories.
* Understand the long-term vision and strategies of our business partners, and Microsoft's broader business strategy
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Effective systems design and configuration, for our Fulfillment and Logistics team, ensuring they are always positioned to drive high-quality, reliable, systems enablement.
* Evaluating existing all inbound and outbound processes & systems, to identify opportunities for savings and improvement.
* Execution of work plans to land high-value systems improvements that drive quality and scale, by working with internal and external partners on the design and deployment of systems-enabled capabilities, ensuring functionality, usability & supportability.
* Partnering with value stream, Engineering and Architecture colleagues, to identify emerging industry trends and the related SAP technologies/roadmap, ensuring we, always, have a roadmap for process, tools, & technology that optimizes the landscape, for premium Windows devices & accessories.
* Team management and leadership - modeling Microsoft Values: lead by example, leveraging and helping others to be successful
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.