The mission of the CSE (Commercial Software Engineering) team is to enable high impact organizations to achieve more and drive the value of our cloud. How do we do it? We are an industry-leading software engineering team who codes with partners and customers every day. We accelerate platform adoption and serve as trusted technical experts by coding side by side with other dev teams.
The CSE tools development team is a highly collaborative and agile team that builds applications and reporting which enables CSE to track engagements with Microsoft's top customers and partners.
We are hiring a Software Engineer with a combination of coding and data skills to lead the evolution and development of our internal tools, reporting and analytics infrastructure. This position is a technical role with operational accountability.
* Experience with Microsoft cloud-based data services including Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, and/or Azure Data Factory
* Experience with Microsoft Office 365 development and Microsoft Graph API preferred but not required
* Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL development preferred but not required
* Agile software development using Azure DevOps/VSTS
* Experience customizing Azure DevOps/Visual Studio Team Service (VSTS) and coding against VSTS APIs preferred but not required
* A passion for technology and an insatiable appetite to learn by participating in hackfests, CSE's Technical Working Groups, and other technical engagements. While this is primarily an internal role, this position will have ample opportunity to collaborate with other CSE team members on engagements with customers and partners.
* Strong business acumen and adaptability to partner with the CSE LT on innovative solutions to constantly changing business requirements
* BS, BA, or MS Computer Science Degree / Masters in Computer Science preferred.
* Fluency in English and demonstrated ability to communicate concisely and effectively with other executives, employees, partners, and communities.
* 10%-20% travel, incl. International.
Our team has a strong collaborative culture and we highly value technical excellence as the means to drive successful outcomes for our customers and ourselves. This position represents a unique opportunity to develop deeper technical skills across a range of technologies, influence business strategy on a fast-growing team, and have fun.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
* Making the CSE team a showcase for how to use Microsoft cloud services to make smarter decisions, allocate resources, track results, and generally run a lean, agile business with minimal overhead
* Using Microsoft's latest software and services and/or 3rd party or open source software as appropriate to drive operational excellence on a fast-growing, highly technical team
* Working with the CSE leadership team and a v-team of vendors and FTE to drive the development of internal applications for automating critical business processes for the division. This work includes contributing to a React-based browser app utilized to track all CSE engagements as well as the development of a new React Native mobile version
* Contribute to the evolution of a toolset that we use to run CSE that spans Azure DevOps (VSTS) as a data store, a custom front-end application, a mobile application and a reporting infrastructure based on Azure Data Factory and Azure Analytics
* Work with our database team to write custom code that is part of the Azure Data Factory pipeline used for data loading in support of executive reporting
* Quickly onboarding new teams, initiatives and applications to support a rapidly changing and growing business
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.