Join Hearst Magazines Media as a Data/Software Engineer working on our data development team! This team manages a vast data pipeline and data warehouse that supports data-driven publishing and business development tools, data products and other applications for Hearst Magazines Media.
A main focus of this role will be the development of LIFT 2.0, a data product that we are building to manage paid audience acquisition efforts across multiple brands and buying platforms. The Software/Data Engineer will play a significant role in the design, implementation, and continuous improvement of this and other key data products and pipelines. This role will be working with GCP using core data warehousing tools and big data related technologies as well as full-stack Python development.
Hearst Magazines Digital Media reaches more than 100 million people around the world every month on digital platforms connected to loved and trusted brands like Cosmopolitan, Delish, Esquire, Elle, Runner's World, and 29 television stations.
* Enterprise experience with GCP Big Data products including BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Cloud Composer, Dataflow, Dataproc, Dataprep, Data Studio, Bigtable, Cloud Storage, and more.
* Understand different types of storage (filesystem, relational, NoSQL) and working with various kinds of data (structured, unstructured, metrics, log files, etc.)
* Experience with data pipelines (ETL, ELT) and data wrangling procedures using Python and SQL.
* Tune application and query performance using performance profiling tools and SQL
* Experience with microservice patterns, API development, RESTful web services, and GraphQL.
* Experience with batch and stream processing (including Amazon Kinesis).
* Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Looker and Tableau is a plus.
* Familiarity with agile software development practices and drive to ship quickly.
* Research, analyze, and recommend technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems.
* At least 3-5 years experience as a software or data engineer.
* Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Computer Science,Technology or related field.
* Technical certifications such as Google Cloud Data Engineer or advanced certifications in data science a plus.
Hearst publishes monthly magazines.