Databricks formed a Health and Life Sciences (HLS) team in 2017 to enable organizations in this sector to benefit from the power of advanced analytics. Our goal is to enable our customers to advance science and medicine by tapping into the major new areas of health-related big data: genomics, medical imaging, and real word evidence (claims, medical records). We are developing solutions that allow our customers to both scale their existing workflows to the rapidly growing volume of data as well as utilize cutting edge machine learning and AI methods. You would work as a software engineer within the HLS/genomics team.
At Databricks, we work on some of the largest and most multifaceted healthcare/life sciences datasets, and our customers challenge us with interesting new big-data processing requirements. You will design and develop tools that leverage the Databricks platform to simplify and scale life sciences workflows. Your work will enable researchers and clinicians to gain insights from the rapidly growing supply of genomic, imaging, and medical record data.
* Build cutting edge technology to enable accelerate life science data analysis
* Work both as an individual and as a member of the team to deliver reliable, performant features
* Work directly with Product Management and Design to plan, develop, and iterate on prototypes
* Empathize with customers to understand pain points and unlock new use cases
* Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
* Experience with distributed systems, databases, and big data systems
* Ability to grasp complex systems at a technical level
* Passion for learning about biology and solving health problems with data
* JVM or lower-level programming languages for systems programming
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Nice-to-haves: Experience building and operating enterprise software; experience working with genomic, imaging, or other biomedical data types
Databricks' mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering and Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark™, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering and lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL and interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity and total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA and Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, and HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark and Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.
Databricks is a company developing a unified data analytics platform.