Please note Tenth Avenue Commerce is our parent company. H. Bloom operates independently as a high end floral, e-commerce driven business. We are truly grateful for the support we receive from Tenth Avenue Commerce.
H.Bloom is a national leader in luxury floral and plant corporate services specializing in the high end retail and hospitality industries. With the help of our team of highly skilled Account Executives and our curated network of floral shops we are able to offer customized services to a prestigious portfolio of well recognized brands such as rag & bone, Omega, Microsoft, SoulCycle, DryBar, and many more. H.Bloom products are also available for delivery nationwide from our online web-shop so our beautiful designs can also be gifted or enjoyed at home. (www.hbloom.com/gifts)
H.Bloom was launched in April 2010 and acquired by From You Flowers, part of Tenth Avenue Holdings, in March 2016. H.Bloom has been fortunate to receive coverage about our luxury service and sophisticated business model in many well known publications such as The New York Times, Business Insider and The Wall Street Journal.
We are growing fast and are looking for folks who are passionate, innovative, fearless, and adaptable. H.Bloom offers a startup culture and flexible work schedule where employees have the opportunity to make an impact among a growing team of energetic people who work hard, love what they do, and help each other through collaboration.
About The Role
As a Software Engineer, you'll join our development team as a full contributing member, building new features, maintaining our existing codebase, and solving all sorts of technical problems. We build everything from tools for our internal sales and management teams to external applications for our day-to-day customers. Whether you're building a new responsive UI component, optimizing a particularly nasty API call, or designing a database schema, you'll be empowered to build it the right way, and because we're a small team, everything we do has a big impact on the way we operate. We've got applications written in Java, Scala, and C#, and though we favor Scala and Angular for new applications, we're always open to picking the right tool for the job.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative developer who isn't afraid to take ownership of a project and thrives working in collaboration with other smart people. We're always learning and honing our skills, and we want to work with people who are going to make us smarter.
* Build it - translate feature requirements and use cases into production-ready, heavily-tested applications
* Maintain it - make sure our applications stay up and performant, and troubleshoot issues when they crop up
* Leave it better than you found it - have an eye towards performance and code maintenance with every change you make
* Collaborate - stay up-to-date on technology trends and best-practices, and share those thoughts with the team through code reviews and chat
* Experience building enterprise-level web applications
* Experience in Java, Scala, or C# (Scala is a big plus)
* Experience working with relational databases (we use MySQL)
* Familiarity with some JS frameworks - Angular experience is especially helpful
* Experience with Git
* Experience with some automated build tool (Maven, SBT, Travis)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
H.BLOOM is an e-commerce company hand-delivering luxury floral arrangements to individuals and businesses in New York.