At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
A Graph Infrastructure Engineer at Kensho is passionate about applying cutting-edge database and distributed systems ideas to solve real-world data problems. As an engineer on the team, you will contribute to expanding the capabilities of the Kensho Knowledge Graph - a large graph database that captures the complex situations and relationships present in the world, and answers complex graph queries in milliseconds. We firmly believe in giving back to the community, so you will also contribute to the open-source projects that our projects rely on.
Projects worked on by our Graph Infrastructure Engineers:
* Open-source, optimizing GraphQL-to-database-queries compiler (blog post)
* Topological query scheduler for the OrientDB open-source graph database (pull request)
* Fault-tolerant distributed worker system that syncs data in the graph with our many data sources
Kensho is on a mission to clarify complex data through scientific, statistical, analytical, computational and inspired study. By transforming the data, we are able to bring transparency to some of the most important issues on the planet. You will be joining a lean, tight-knit startup working with a team of veterans from Google, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as academia.
What You'll Do:
* Build out a large-scale graph database with a rich ontology
* Contribute to our open-source optimizing GraphQL compiler
* Implement and apply static analysis for early detection of bugs and security issues
* Design flexible caching, load-balancing and query execution infrastructure with an eye toward scalability and performance
What We Look For:
* At least one core expertise, such as experience working with distributed systems, databases or compilers
* Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
* Attention to detail and thoroughness, including documentation and testing
* Desire to build a strong, collaborative engineering culture as a code reviewer, mentor and teammate
How to Really Get Our Attention:
* Major contributor on the backend or infrastructure teams of a top company
* Open-source project contributions showing innovation and initiative
* 2+ years of experience with large-scale computer systems or graph databases
* Participation and awards at math or programming olympiads (e.g. IMO or IOI)
* Relevant research or publications
Technologies We Like:
* Python, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, OrientDB, gRPC, Prometheus
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with 100% premium covered
* Unlimited vacation days
* Paid Parental Leave
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Free snacks and drinks
* Dog-friendly office
* Cardio machines and weights in the office
* Hubway (bike sharing program) membership
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About Kensho Technologies
Kensho Technologies is a data analytics and machine intelligence company.