At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy and support needed to build amazing technology and products. To do this, we look for people who insist on a bias towards action to minimize unhelpful hierarchy and process. We collaborate using our teammates' diverse perspectives to solve hard problems. Our communication with one another is open, honest and efficient. We dedicate time and resources to explore new ideas and, as a result, we produce technology that is scalable, robust, and useful.
We strive to hire Graph Data Engineers who are passionate about organizing all kinds of messy data. The finance industry demands data certainty, so correct and timely data are the backbone of Kensho.
Are you excited by the chance to wrangle data and tackle problems from ontology design to information retrieval? Do you feel confident working to join data from multiple sources into one source of truth? Are you driven, precise, detail-oriented, and zealous about getting your hands dirty with data? If so, we look forward to helping you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit startup community that provides our employees with an environment to bring transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do:
* Build pipelines to keep the Kensho knowledge graph synchronized with dozens of external data sources
* Integrate knowledge extraction and data aggregation tools with Kensho's natural language processing tooling
* Craft logical and abstract representations of world events
* Work with our analysts to ensure the graph has provably correct and complete data
* Find new data sources and reduce the latency of information entering the graph, widening both the breadth and depth of the information we capture
What We Look For:
* A love for all things data
* Strong software engineering credentials, as well as a good handle on data structures and algorithms
* Excellent coding, documentation and communication habits
* A deep understanding of regular expressions
* Experience with either relational or non-relational databases
* Experience aggregating publicly-available sources of information
How to Really Get Our Attention:
* You are a major contributor at a top company with big data
* Your open source project contributions, research, publications, and patents demonstrate innovation and initiative
* You have 2+ years of experience with large, unstructured datasets, graph databases, and data acquisition
* You participated in and received awards at Hackathons and/or other competitions
Technologies We Like:
* Python and specifically Pandas, Numpy, scikit-learn, and celery
* Infrastructure such as kubernetes, nginx, redis, and RabbitMQ
* Data stores like PostgreSQL and other NoSQL alternatives
* Ubuntu linux or similar
* Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance with 100% premium covered
* Unlimited vacation days
* Paid Parental Leave
* 401(k) plan with employer match
* Free snacks and drinks
* Dog-friendly office
* Cardio machines and weights in the office
* Hubway (bike sharing program) membership
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About Kensho Technologies
Kensho Technologies is a data analytics and machine intelligence company.