AT&T is seeking a highly experienced space software engineer/architect to support the Space and Missile Systems Center Space Superiority Directorate (SMC/SY) STS-2 Engineering and Technical Services contract advisory services to SMC/SY. We work closely with the US Air Force to acquire next generation space and ground systems. We are currently seeking a professional space software engineer/architect to join this expanding team. The individual shall support the integrated life cycle management of Enterprise Space Battle Management Command and Control (ESBMC2) related programs. The individual will support the development and coordination of software (SW) products required by statutory and regulatory documentation (as detailed in DODI 5000.02 and AFI 63-101/20-101) as well as any other documents specifically mandated by the ESBMC2 Program Manager, SMC/SY, AFPEO/Space, SAF/AQ, and/or OSD leadership. The individual shall coordinate software document development and approval with ESBMC2 personnel, SY staff, SMC staff, HQ AFSPC, SAF/AQ, and OSD personnel.
* Able to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems and work well in group problem solving situations.
* Java development experience with proven abilities to support software development activities in an Agile software development lifecycle on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud.
* Build and prepare solutions for deployment to the Production environment
* Provide ongoing technical support for Production systems including analyzing issues, defining and implementing initial fixes and/or workarounds, designing and implementing permanent solutions
* The scope of work includes: design, develop, and unit test system functionality, regression testing, user acceptance testing, system integration, production deployment, and support on-going operations and maintenance activities
* Working in a collaborative environment
* A TS/SCI clearance with a current SSBI, and the ability to be accessed to the customer's programs is required to be considered for this position
* Self-starter and flexibility to wear multiple hats in a multi-disciplinary scrum team • Ability to take customer requirements and translate them into software products, build analysis tools from the ground up and effectively display information to senior decision makers
* Leadership, organizational, oral presentation, executive writing and SW documentation skills
* Ability to proliferate tools and functionality across multiple domains and disparate systems
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Ability to travel is required
* 5 or more years of professional development experience across several programming languages
* Hands on experience using object-oriented programming languages and concepts
* Fluency in Java/J2EE, JSP, Web Services Development using IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ, Netbeans, Ant, Maven, and Jenkins
* Experience using Java Frameworks such as Spring or Hibernate
* Experience in deployment and troubleshooting of web services and applications
* Familiarity with microservice concepts and implementation
* Knowledge in Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, or similar
* Experience using source code repositories such as git or SVN
* Familiarity with modern DevOps practices and Continuous Integration & Deployment
* Experience working with Amazon Web Services
* Exposure to Agile approaches to software development
* Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent, and 3+ yrs applicable experience in Computer Science or an Engineering, Scientific, Analysis field
* At least five years of relevant experience in government acquisition management (to include software acquisition)
* Must be familiar with the Department of Defense (DoD) space acquisition life-cycle management processes
* Knowledge on the systems, organization, personnel, activities and capabilities of U.S. space systems
* Master's Degree is strongly desired
* Acquisition experience at the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) or equivalent.
* 10+ years of experience in software acquisition desired.
* A strong technical background is desired with 10+ years' experience in space systems, operations, satellite and special access programs acquisition
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 1921818 Date posted 06/14/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.