We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Our Go to Market Automation Tools engineering team builds tools to help power Square's growth engine. With accurate real-time data, Square can better onboard new Square merchants, help existing merchants adopt new features and services, and allow every Square seller, no matter the size, to thrive. This team directly empowers internal customers across Sales, Paid Marketing, Data Science, Account Management to make smarter and faster decisions with data by building scalable, robust data integrations and customer data management tools.
Were looking for a software engineer to design, build, and maintain services to help deliver on this mission.
* Help build both on-premise and cloud-based systems for data processing and integrations that support millions of dollars of sales and marketing investments
* Design and implement a global task orchestration infrastructure spanning across multiple service boundaries to provide better end-to-end coordination, monitoring, and alerting
* Collaborate with business, data and other engineering teams across Square to contribute in technical design processes that accelerate your team's customers, while protecting Square's customers
* Help us track and tune the performance of our data processing pipelines in order to support larger datasets and guarantee higher SLAs
* BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience; 2-4 years software development experience
* Strong software development skills and computer science fundamentals
* Experience in designing and developing server-side code
* Experience building scalable services on one or more cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc)
* Data and metrics-oriented mindset: you want your work to be measurable and impactful
* Customer empathy: you understand your customers needs and requirements
Technologies we use and teach:
* Ruby, JRuby, Ruby on Rails, Python
* Java, Jetty, REST APIs, protobufs, JSON
* MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Snowflake, Airflow, Google Cloud Platform and AWS
* API from vendors like Salesforce, Facebook and Google
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a financial services, merchant services aggregator and mobile payment company.