Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Software Engineer - Global Collateral Management Technology
Req #: 190065334
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Private Bank at JPMorgan is part of JPMorgan's Asset Management (AM) group. The team is seeking a Global Collateral Management Software Engineer to join one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
Your default practice includes:
* Using SCRUM or a related agile discipline
* Focus on working with your end users to deliver business value early
* Iterative and incremental delivery
* Emergent design and architecture
* Expertise in Test Driven Development/ Behavior Driven Development
* Continuous integration, build and automated deployment
* Refactoring and clean code
* Code reviews and mentoring
You strive for:
* Automated acceptance testing
* Continuous delivery & single piece flow
Selected Candidate will have demonstrated experience with:
* Java Technologies
* Scalable mission-critical systems with high levels of availability
* Core Java and related technologies frameworks like Spring, Jersey
* System integration and messaging including technologies like
* Message brokers (e.g. MQ)
* Data and modeling technologies
* SQL and RDBMS' like Oracle or Sybase
* JSON, XML, XSLT & XSD
* Experience in No SQL databases and big data technologies is a plus
* *nix environments and scripting
* Build tools like Maven
* Test tools like JUnit, Cucumber or Selenium
* Performance analysis and tuning across system boundaries
You have a track record:
* Thinking creatively and solving problems simply, not always through technology
* Working with people of differing skill sets driving a cross-functional global team
* Communicating with and tailoring your message to a range of audiences in both verbal and non-verbal forums
* Managing a diverse set of competing stakeholder requirements
* Being a self-starter, able to take initiative and drive a program independently
* Building real and lasting relationships with your team and extended partners
* Sharing knowledge and learning from others
* Adapting to change and working through ambiguity
* Decommissioning legacy systems and transitioning users to strategic platforms in the Asset Management or wider financial industry
* Building and deploying an Investment Book of Record
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.