We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven't stopped there. We're empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We're here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business-and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
Payments is Square's core product and the foundation for the growth of many other Square products. Millions of merchants use Square payments as part of their business every day. Terminal for Business ensures that sellers of all sizes and types can use Square as quickly and easily as possible. Square has done a great job building remarkable experiences for individuals and small businesses. We are working on the next generation of payment experiences for larger businesses, fundamentally changing how Square works.
A few examples of the products that we work on:
* Building new, creative methods of taking payments
* Helping sellers of various languages, locales, and markets join Square successfully
* Referrals and rewards for new merchants
We are a friendly, inclusive product engineering team with a full-stack background. The projects we build use data-driven decisions to deliver full-stack features with an Ember.js frontend as well as iOS and Android apps. We talk to existing and prospective merchants to understand their needs and pains, and find opportunities to improve their experience. Our team enjoys working together, and we regularly do team lunches and activities. We provide excellent opportunities for career growth and to contribute to meaningful work seen by millions of merchants worldwide.
* Help brainstorm and build new architecture and new solutions to interesting problems
* Work with designers to build beautiful, remarkable experiences
* Design, implement, interpret, and refine A/B tests
* Build extensive, reliable support for product data logging and metrics
* Work closely with our product, engineering, analytics, and marketing teams
* BS/BA degree or equivalent; experience leading or contributing to medium to large scale feature releases (4+ years preferred)
* Experience working in Rails or Java, preferably with some full-stack experience, and curiosity about mobile development
* Mentored other developers on an individual basis
* Great communication skills and enjoy working cross functionally
Technologies we use and teach:
* A/B test techniques and methodologies
* iOS and Android development
At Square, our purpose is to empower - within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Square is a company providing software, hardware, and financial services products.