Button's mission is to build a better way to do business in mobile. Today, we work with some of the largest and most interesting businesses in the world, to connect consumers with what they want at the tap of a button. We build with the consumer experience in mind, and we have a reputation for paving the future of mobile and enjoying the road to get there. Our partners have turned to us, in large part, because we make complicated ideas simple, and because we can turn them into reality quickly. That's where you come in.
As a Full Stack Engineer (Mobile) at Button, you will be the first mobile web expert embedded on our mobile team. You'll be responsible for building and maintaining the server platform APIs that power our Android, iOS, and JS SDKs. You'll also have the opportunity to contribute to consumer facing features of the SDKs themselves, which are seen by millions of users every day, including our custom embedded mobile browser.
AS A FULL STACK ENGINEER ON THE MOBILE TEAM YOU WILL:
* Solve problems end-to-end by building workflows, tools, and UIs that weave together different systems and product concepts.
* Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to develop major new products. You will be the person on the team who bridges backend concepts to the ultimate end-user experiences we want to achieve.
* Develop innovative new technologies that blend native and mobile web development into a seamless experience for our partners and users.
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
* Broad understanding of frontend development and building rich web applications that are optimized for mobile experiences.
* Excellent understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, and reliability and troubleshooting in these environments.
* Native mobile development experience (Android/iOS) is a plus!
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
* Chuck Greb, Engineering Manager: Passionate about building SDKs and tools that increase developer and user happiness. Chuck is a contributor and maintainer of open-source projects, conference speaker, and Google Developer Group (GDG) organizer.
* Wes Smith, Tech Lead: Lead engineer on the mobile team, led development of core parts of our iOS products, plays a supporting role on Android, as well as leading cross-functional teams to deliver products. Wes is co-author of DeepLink Kit, a delightful open source route matching library for iOS. Loves good coffee, cooking, dining, and wine. When not building software, solves analog problems and builds things with wood and metal.
* James (or Jimmy) McGill, VP of Engineering: Hailing formerly from both Australia and Google, he spends his weekends hiking, surfing and designing and building furniture. See James for all of your Vegemite needs.
MORE ABOUT US:
* Button was founded in 2014. We believe and invest in individual and organizational growth, and we've got the results to back it up. We've raised over $64 million in venture capital and have been recognized year after year as one of the best places to work by Fortune, Inc., Entrepreneur, and Crain's.
* We value diversity and come from all sorts of different backgrounds. Some of our teammates hail from big tech companies like Google and Uber, other tech startups, and big finance companies. And for several folks on our team, Button is their first tech job. Regardless of where you're from, we look for teammates excited to grow with one of our core team values: "We are all students and we are all teachers".
Button is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work-regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Button is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.
About Button, Inc.
Button is an acquisition and retention platform built for the mobile economy.