Software Engineer - Full Stack Java Application Developer
Req #: 190051906
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
We are building the #1 Asset Management Technology platform in the world and we need exceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Portfolio Core Technology team at JP Morgan Asset Management. You must have a passion for writing and testing high quality code.
We are looking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist to be part of a development team building high performing and globally distributed data-intensive application from scratch.
* As a full stack or UI Software Engineer, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You'll will be a part of highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards.
* With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
* Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
* You will be responsible for designing and implementing micro services and its user interface in Java/React.js leveraging a framework like Spring Framework.
* You will write test cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainability.
* You will lead and participate in code review sessions - peer reviews and group reviews. You will provide code review sign-off for your peer's and team member's code.
* You will demonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks and other tools.
* Participate in the API design sessions and selection of design patterns that are selected for use by the team.
* Technical documentation of service API (using Swagger)
* Implementing logging, auditability, security, and monitoring features.
* You should be able to build lightweight user interface using Angular or React.
Preferred Skills Include
* MUST: At least a BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed university/college. Can consider non-CS degrees if there is strong relevant experience.
* MUST: Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming - you should rate yourself 8 out of 10 or higher and be able to demonstrate during the hiring process. Spring, Rest services, JMS, Hibernate/JPA, JSON. Any experience with .NET Framework/C# is a plus but not required.
* Experience with Cloud platforms, MicroServices architecture, Agile Development Methodology, Decision management tools like DROOLS is preferred
* MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least 2 large complex application build-out (from scratch) and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
* 6-7 years of experience in the role of software engineer. Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
* Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
* Proficiency in UI and Server Side Development, tools and frameworks including (Java, Spring Boot, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, and React/Angular 4+)
* Experience in web development, including HTML, CSS (Bootstrap), and Angular is preferred
* Knowledge of working with React.js, Redux and Selenium test framework is a plus.
* Working knowledge of micro services and cloud containers (Cloud Foundry, Heroku, etc.)
* Experience of designing/delivering messaging-based solutions (e.g. Kafka,UM , Solace) is a plus.
* Knowledge of working with Oracle or other SQL based database is preferred.
* Knowledge of modern architectures based on micro services, REST APIs, NoSQL stores (e.g. Cassandra), and event-based architecture will be key.
Experience with API Management Systems like Apigee is a plus
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.