Are you passionate about building intuitive web experiences for mapping and geospatial data? Do you want to help create massive, planet-scale experiences touching billions of users? Niantic's Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to build intuitive web applications that let millions of users view, submit, and review data on the planet's most interesting locations. You will work with a diverse team of mobile and server developers to gather and display geolocation data at scale. You will be a part of Niantic Engineering, which leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while crafting engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
* You will build well-designed, reusable front-end systems that can be shared across Niantic's web applications.
* You will collaborate with other engineers, product managers, operations, marketing, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
* You will participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
* You have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
* You have created web applications involving manipulation of geospatial, customer management, or analytics data.
* You have worked on websites that are cross-device and browser compatible.
* You have experience with server-side technologies, such as Java or Python.
* You thrive in a rigorous engineering environment, and have an eye for detail.
* You're eager to work in an agile, fast-growth environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.