Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
About the Role
We're looking for full stack software engineers to join our team.
* You will design, code, and test across our distributed, open source database, CockroachDB. You bring your expertise to the table to help us build the best database for our users, partners, and customers.
* You will collaborate with designers and engineers both in-house and in our open source community to design, implement, and integrate new features and tools into CockroachDB.
* You'll work to improve the overall performance of CockroachDB. You will make sure that our products stay scalable, survivable, and consistent as we continue to grow as a company.
In your first 30 days, you will become familiar with our technology and our company. Your first project will be on the frontend. We want to be able to showcase the functionality of CockroachDB to our customers by providing a rich window into the data through our graphical user interface.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will be comfortable contributing to CockroachDB's full stack. From backend services to tweaking the front end, you'll have a hand in all levels of the software stack. You will begin to determine the parts of our product that most interest you and work with your manager to focus your efforts on projects that align with those areas and the product roadmap.
As our team grows, you will have the opportunity to shape the direction of development for CockroachDB. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience using our product, and you are an important part of making CockroachDB a joy to use.
* A passion for working on complex technical products. You have exposure to distributed systems, responsive user interfaces, large amounts of data, file systems, or SQL processing.
* A passion for building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
* A BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Peter Mattis - Co-founder & Chief Technology Officer
Peter works on a bit of everything, from low-level optimization of code to refining the overall design. He was thrust into file systems early in his career at Inktomi and then learned the true meaning of scalability while working on and Colossus at Google. Before stepping into the office in the morning he will have nursed his CrossFit addiction and dealt with the chaos of a three kid morning routine. You can set your watch by his daily departure at 4:30 pm to have dinner with his family.
Kendra Curtis - Engineering Manager
Kendra has 20+ years of experience in all levels of the software stack, from early days writing firmware for wireless networking products at Wi-LAN, to managing teams of developers building Web Applications at Google. Kendra worked on Google's early data centers. She was a member of the Management team responsible for the integration of DoubleClick (DCLK) into Google. She was a Co-founder and CEO of Scout It Out, a listing service for Rehearsal Spaces. Kendra joined Cockroach Labs because she loves building great teams and values work-life balance. Outside of work she enjoys skiing, acting, and walking in the park with her dog, Lady.
* 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
* Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
* Flex Fridays
* Flexible time off & flexible hours
* Education reimbursement
* Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Cockroach Labs
Cockroach Labs is a company that provides a cloud-native, distributed SQL database.