Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Software Engineer on UnitedHealth Group's Motion engineering team, you will dig into the complex but rewarding world of IoT, wearables, and cross-platform development, all at massive scale. Our work helps our partners stay innovative in highly regulated and complex industries such as healthcare and insurance.
* Join a development team to perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing with a focus on C#/.NET Core
* Own the build/deploy/release process and find ways to automate and improve our pipeline at every step
* Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries
* Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance
* Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software releases every 2 weeks through Sprints
* Mentor and guide other software engineers within the team
* Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
* Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
* Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience
* 3 years of experience building and shipping production software in a scaled distributed environment
* 2 years of experience with .NET Web Development (.NET Core, C# HTML/CSS/JS) or similar languages
* Experience with relational databases, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL/DynamoDB, and Serverless
* AWS, Google, or Azure certification
* Cloud Development experience
* Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues
* Commitment to quality, performance, and efficiency
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Boston, MA, Massachusetts, Cloud, Devops, .Net, SQL