Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexityof this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we're the team that makes that happen.
What You'll Do
* Collaborate on standards and best practices for developing decoupled UI apps, powered by webpack and React.js
* Create documentation for our internal frontend docs site, demonstrating patterns and best practices for building and testing React.js applications leveraging libraries such as react-router, Redux, and Apollo
* Contribute to and help drive decisions, initiatives, and coding patterns throughout the larger Frontend team at Wayfair
* Identify and deliver solutions that push the boundaries of our UI framework to achieve platform and business goals
* Work closely with the other Frontend Core teams to expand the capabilities of our UI platform
* SSR Application Wrapper Project: Adding application-level features to server-side rendered pages previously required changes to the rendering server. This API allows us to extend directly from the application space without touching the server.
* Isomorphic Module Loading Project: Enabling developers to load features of the React Application on-demand in both the client and server(node) environment, seamlessly
* Awesome Learning: Team-based, self-directed learning tracks for frontend tech mastery built around deliberate practice.
How You'll Make an Impact:
* Help make decisions that influence how customers shop at Wayfair
* Be part of a team writing code that is seen by millions of customers a day
* Be a part of the team that is leading the market in delivering the most delightful customer online shopping experience for home furnishings in a quickly changing landscape
Who you are:
* A graduate of a computer science or engineering related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience
* Experience developing large React applications
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.