Shopping for the home is often overwhelming. Wayfair is an extreme case - it's visited by two million people daily, shopping across more than 10 million products: Home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Our software engineering teams work hard to conceal the complexityof this experience. Every customer should come away feeling like they've found the perfect item for them. Shopping for the home should be exciting, and we're the team that makes that happen.
Frontend Auxiliary Engineering is a high-leverage team of experienced frontend engineers that embraces startup culture as we serve hundreds of developers within Wayfair. We are vocal internal advocates for testing, pragmatism, community, and the immense benefits of a low-friction development environment. We build out all of our features using React with Redux and GraphQL, and a custom Sass framework that handles theming for our six brands and three international sites across all platforms.
What You'll Do
* Embed on a rotating basis with various product teams throughout the organization to create a culture of quality via coaching, pair programming, architectural design sessions, and code review
* Author and contribute to internal libraries that emphasize intuitive interfaces and composability
* Employ frontend industry best practices with regard to web standards, component breakdown, accessibility, cross-device design and code considerations, page rendering, and browser performance
* SSR Application Wrapper Project: Adding application-level features to server-side rendered pages previously required changes to the rendering server. This API allows us to extend directly from the application space without touching the server.
* Isomorphic Module Loading Project: Enabling developers to load features of the React Application on-demand in both the client and server(node) environment, seamlessly
* Awesome Learning: Team-based, self-directed learning tracks for frontend tech mastery built around deliberate practice.
How You'll Make an Impact:
* Enable literally thousands of developers to build better products
* Write code that is seen by millions of customers a day
* Partner with engineering teams to promote engineering best practices and help grow junior developers
Who you are:
* A graduate of a computer science or engineering related degree program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience, OR have 4+ years of equivalent industry experience
* Have a humble learner's mind with an eagerness for teaching and being taught, and a sense of gratification from helping others
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair is, and will be, home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.