Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa's Cybersecurity Analytics team is looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for design, development, and execution of critical Cyber Security initiatives. Extensive frontend UI development skills are a must. In this position, you will be working with multiple data science, engineering, and operational teams to deliver mission-critical software solutions to support Visa's cybersecurity functions. You must be dedicated to delivering production-ready code in short timeframes and willing to go beyond the routine. This position can be located in either Ashburn, VA or Foster City, CA.
* Develop innovative UI solutions to support data analytics and operations
* Debugging and providing solutions for complicated issues
* Participate in demos and code reviews
* Enforce software best practices, standards and processes
* Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements
* Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solution
The ideal candidate will have:
* BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with 5 years of experience.
* Experience with web services standards and related technologies (HTTP, XML, JSON, REST)
* Good understanding and experience of database technologies such as SQL
* Experience with development of application/platforms supporting analytical requirements
* Proven problem solving skills and an ability to respond resourcefully to new demands, priorities and challenges
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively
* Ability and desire to learn new skills and take on new initiatives
* Experience with automation, information sharing, and other methods of machine-to-machine communication using APIs
* Experience with Continuous Integration and containerization technologies (Jenkins, Docker)
* Experience with big data platforms (hadoop/spark/hive/impala/ELK)
* Experience with UX design
* Experience with full stack development
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.